Sunday, September 9, 2012

10 in 2012! Splash and Dash

Today I swam/walked the Self Transcendence Swim/Run in Harriman State Park. It certainly wasn't my best performance, but I was glad to have tried something new (1k swim, 10k run). Unsurprisingly, if you stop running for 3 months, you don't have the best performance when you try to just head out and run six miles. I had a decent swim, especially given that I had some issues sighting the different places to swim and, again, I haven't truly swam since working at Barton Springs. 


I have to say I have never met a more fit yet supportive group of people. I was fully expecting a group of that calibre to be a little standoff-ish. Every single person I interacted with was positive, with words of encouragement from other runners and all the volunteers. 
I'm definitely considering more of these races in the future (and who knows, if I learn to like biking, perhaps a triathlon will be in my future.)





"I do not compete 
With the rest of the world
I compete only with myself
For my progress is my true victory."

Sri Chinmoy
(On the back of the t shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment