Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Running around Montlucon

These past few weeks have been a little crazy as France requires lots of paperwork and not a whole lot of business hours to achieve it in. I've gotten a fair amount accomplished (opened a bank account, taught a few lesson, got a bus pass, sent in the first part of immigration paperwork, sign up for the swim team) but there's always more to be done (set up internet at our apartment, finish immigration paperwork, get housing money, actually get my bank card from the bank). 

Given all of these hurdles, I really slacked off on my running the first two weeks. I finally got a “long” run in of probably about 4.5 miles yesterday (I'm going based off of time since I don't know any distances here) . While that was only my third run since being here, it reminded me of something. There is no other activity that I have participated in that has so consistently made me as happy as running and swimming. I've never felt worse for going on a run (tired, sore- yes. But a worse mood? no.) While it's certainly a chore to get out there sometimes, I'm always glad that I did. On another good note- I nailed down a ride home from swim practices with Laurence, one of the coaches and Jerome who lives across the street from the high school. Having a ride definitely makes me feel better about the team. That's about it for now, but I'm happy to be back in the running game!

No comments:

Post a Comment