Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve in Paris

The end of my vacation brought me through Paris and with enough luck, also a visit to my friend Mandy who I met in Kalamazoo when we both did KCheer. She was in Paris for winter break and visiting her mom and sister. She was also nice enough to welcome me in and let me stay with her.

Our walk of the city included the ever iconic Eiffel Tower

And a walk over the bridge named for the first President of Senegal- Leopold Senghor. 

Mandy also convinced an old man at the park to share bread so we could feed the birds.


I wasn't as brave about having birds in my hand as Mandy was..
For the evening celebrations we met up with my friend from Montlucon, Eddie, his girlfriend who was visiting from Finland and their friend who they had met when traveling in South America. We had plans to go to the Eiffel Tower, but we were having too much fun at the apartment, and with plenty of drinks, we had no reason to move. 



The night continued with dancing Gangnam Style on the Paris Metro (and streets, and another party...). All in all, a fantastic way to ring in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment