Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paris Half Marathon

The real reason for Mom and Dad coming to France was to cheer me on in the Paris Half Marathon!

They were great supporters and the race went well too! The one downside was that it was after a full 40 minutes that my wave was able to start, and the lack of port o pottys meant that the first 5k through Bois de Vincennes (Vincennes Woods) turned into a big urinal and pee station for everyone who could find a tree to squat behind.

On the course. I'm the one in purple :)

ooops. I guess I ran away too quickly, but you can still see the view Mom and Dad got while waiting for me.

A medal and American flag, who could want more?

Well, it was a French race after all, so this photo was a necessity :)
Even with the pee break, I was able to finish in 2 hours and 47 minutes! That's a pretty slow half marathon for a lot of people, but it was 13 minutes faster than I ran the Diva half marathon last year, so I was very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment