Saturday, April 27, 2013

Country Bike Tour, Couchsurfers and Volendam Park

I signed up for a "country bike tour" since I was pretty terrified of managing to fall into a canal or causing an accident. The tour guide was obviously meant for the job as he chatted up all of the participants and did a great job telling us about all the different parts of Amsterdam and bits of the countryside that we rode through.

We didn't get as into the countryside as I would have like, which makes sense given that we were starting from Amsterdam. Over all the ride was a ton of fun and a great way to pass the afternoon.

Afterwards I met up with two couchsurfers (Pauline and Jo) for drinks. They are really lovely people who are both now living in Amsterdam.

When they had to go I went to Volendam park to lay in the grass and read my book.

An easy going day in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment