Friday, April 26, 2013

Rijksmuseum and Rain

In the morning Willow and I said goodbye to Caitlin as she continued on her journeys, and after a leisurely start to the day, we headed to the Rijksmuseum. As many people are arriving in town for the Queen's Day/ Succession/ King's Day celebration, and the rain, made for loooong lines to get into the famous museum. After a long wait, we finally made it inside and we were on our way to Vermeers and Rembrandts.

With the crowds inside, Willow and I got lost from each other, and since she had to catch her bus, I eventually gave up the hunt and continued on with my visit. The museum has a lot to offer, especially in still lifes and Dutch painting which I appreciated.

By the time I left though I was suffering from some serious museum fatigue. I indulged myself getting some souvenirs, a Starbucks hot chocolate and an English magazine. All in all, not a bad way to spend a rainy evening. It wasn't the most exciting of days, but I was still happy.

Tomorrow I'm adventuring outside of the city to Zaanse Schans to see some windmills, and perhaps to Voldendam if I can manage to get out of the hostel early enough (and if my "arriving" paycheck is cleared by the French bank!)


No comments:

Post a Comment