Sunday, May 5, 2013

KZoo Half Marathon

As mentioned earlier, one of the reasons that I came to KZOO was for the Kalamazoo Half Marathon. My goal became only the complete it in the weeks leading up, as a knee injury had kept me from running the last 7 weeks (since the Paris Half Marathon). 

I had a lot of energy BEFORE the race
 It was a rather painful run, certainly not my best BUT I finished with a time of 2 hours and 53 minutes, which is still 6 minutes faster than I ran my first half marathon last year. 
 
Not quite as sprightly after the race

It was a great run with a lot of support throughout. The only critique was not a fault of the organizers, but rather that the outskirts of Kalamazoo are not that pretty which didn't make for the most beautiful of runs. However, the way the race is set up makes it a great one for beginning half marathoners, (or just slow ones like me). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment