Saturday, November 16, 2013

Careful what you wish for....

Sorry for the delay in updates! Internet has been particularly spotty lately, even at cyber cafes. My friend Neal was kind enough to let me use his internet key when I stopped by the other week, but I didn't want to take advantage of his hospitality.

As I mentioned last time, the start of the school year was marked by strikes, and my off handed joke about striking until Christmas has become a little too true. The past few weeks have been marked by starts and stops. This has led to mostly stops, rather than starts, in my work.

I announced my girls' science club and twenty minutes later the school was shut down for what turned out to be about a week and a half. Our teaching timetable hasn't been 100% hammered out yet, so that's been holding me back on when to even find times to meet for clubs.

We are now headed to In Service Training (IST) which gives me a chance to talk to other volunteers and, importantly, my director. This will give me a chance to hammer out some issues and get ready to get back to work with new excitement in village.

Hopefully, I'll have some goo news to report after IST!

No comments:

Post a Comment