Friday, June 6, 2014

Thank You One World Futbol and Rotary International!

Through the hard work of several PCVs, Togo has received a donation of 4000 One World Indestructible soccer balls. One thousand of those soccer balls were distributed to PCVs to use in their communities. 

The girls soccer team, some of my work partners and me with this amazing donation!
 I'm using the soccer balls to restart the girls soccer team at my middle school. It's been dormant for a few years due to lack of materials (like soccer balls.)

My other project (with much more information to follow) is to use the soccer balls to complete the Peace Corps SKILLZ Grassroots soccer project. They have two programs currently available; HIV/AIDS education and prevention and Malaria and a womens' empowerment project in the works.


No comments:

Post a Comment