Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

" If you are more fortunate than others, it's better to build a longer table than a taller fence."

Most of our Thanksgiving group including my host family and teachers from school

The kids got pretty hyped up on sugar from the sodas
These pictures are from our thanksgiving celebration yesterday which definitely had a very Togolese spin on the turkey prep. 

Live turkeys are scary. I was happy to turn "gobble" into dinner. They amazing apprentices at my house took care of making him edible
Olivia and I still managed to enjoy stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn bread and pumpkin bread, so overall a it was a great day.

Olivia and "butter" (margarine :(    )

If you can make your table a little longer this holiday season consider donating at www.pathwaysTogo.org . Pathways Togo provides scholarships for Togolese girls and women of exceptional need and merit. Thank you and happy Thanksgiving.

In white- my director, in the striped shirt my work partner and fellow English teacher and me!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment