Sunday, June 7, 2015

Elephants!

After visiting the Tamberma village Amelia and I headed a bit south, with poor directions and a good sense of adventure to visit a lodge that is working on elephant conservation. I got to take a little walk around where I saw some wildebeests and then in the evening the elephants came home! 

Look at that excitement and the elephant! 
 I was whispering as we saw the elephants coming closer which proved to be very unnecessary as we were about to get a LOT closer.

even closer.. 

...and closer
This one was trying to give me a little kiss. I was freaking out the entire time and Amelia kept talking me down from the hyperventilation and slight panic attack. 

It's been a while since some one has done my hair...
.... but I don't think this is usually how you do it. 
Elephant skin is so thick and strong! I don't know what I was expecting but it was a surprise! 
Arm wrestling competition
Amelia the elephant tamer with no fear. 
Quite an experience for sure!

If your travels bring you to Togo, call them up at  90.09.58.13 and the number for their excellent restaurant is 90.55.49.21

No comments:

Post a Comment